You are an experienced Superintendent, fully competent in the profession who will assume a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff and will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations. Working on the high-profile Transmountain Expansion Project based in the lower mainland, this opportunity will give you the chance to work on a career defining, long-term project. Your responsibilities will include safety and environmental, quality control, developing and implementing agreed upon field project plans and schedule, delegation of work to field staff, contractors and trades people ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join the Ledcor team today!
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by corporate safety manual, Workers' Compensation Board or any other authorities
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, applicable building codes, and that efficiency in labour and materials maintain high quality standards
- Reviews, maintains and updates the construction schedule and ensures milestone and completion dates are met
- Plans and executes system completion and system turnover
- Manages hourly employees as required to complete the project in consultation with the Construction/Project Manager
- Maintains, approves, and submits hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes
- Prepares field change orders to be signed by project owner or representative when requested
- Maintains a daily log
Additional Information: Company Description
- 5+ years experience as a superintendent
- Combination of work experience in a similar role and industry related trade certification/education
- Familiar with industrial construction methodology and practices including workforce planning
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner's interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- Strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Ability to plan and manage a project schedule
- Able to focus on developing long term partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure our contributions to their continuing success
- Influence client and/or organizational leadership to accomplish operational objectives
- Anticipate problems or challenges, propose innovative solutions, and ensure solutions are consistent with project objectives
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Jul 19, 2021
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada