The Physiotherapist is primarily involved in the treatment, education and management of the disabled patient/client/resident. Upon receipt of a referral, the physiotherapist assesses the patient, notes the previous history and records all relevant details. The treatment is planned and carried out by the physiotherapist; changes and/or progressions in treatment are made and treatment terminated as deemed necessary by the physiotherapist. When requested, these are done in consultation with the attending physician and other team members. Qualifications
- Graduate of an approved school of Physiotherapy.
- Must be licensed to practice by the Association of Physiotherapist and Massage Practitioners of British Columbia and/or the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Minimum two (2) years' clinical experience including recent related administrative and supervisory experience, preferably in a similar capacity.
- Valid BC Class F Driver's License and access to a vehicle.Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the psychological, social, cultural and economic aspects of patient/client/resident care and works respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, as well as organizational, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrates computer knowledge in word processing and spreadsheet use.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position and ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to keep abreast with developments in the field of Physiotherapy.
View Vanderhoof Community