Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Physiotherapist looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Physiotherapy department.
Reporting to the Chief Physiotherapist, the physiotherapist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, educating, and evaluating patient response to physiotherapy treatment. The physiotherapist is part of an interdisciplinary team and assists with the hospital and departmental goals and objectives including continuing quality improvement activities.
The successful candidate will work as part of both a dedicated rehabilitation team and a wider interdisciplinary health care team to support patients, clients and residents across the continuum of care-in acute care, orthopedic program, long term care, community settings and outpatients, including in Kitamaat Village, working collaboratively with Haisla Health Services. Employer paid educational opportunities will be provide, as part of ongoing professional development.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, Days - 08:15 to 16:15 Kitimat General Hospital
is a 19 acute bed hospital with a full range of services. Some services provided are emergency, laboratory, diagnostic imaging, outpatient chemotherapy clinic, physiotherapy, diabetes and chronic disease management. Regular rotation of visiting specialists in internal medicine, urology, otorhinolaryngology (ENT), dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, and radiology. Kitimat
has a population of 8,131 (2020) local residents. Kitimat offers excellent fishing, endless trails, and backcountry. People come to Kitimat to enjoy more of the things you love. Check out Kitimat where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Graduate of an approved school of Physiotherapy.
• Registered member of the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
• Ability to communicate and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
• Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
• Physical ability to perform duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.