Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the team at Minoru Residence in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Physiotherapist with VCH you will:
- Support the interdisciplinary program/team in achieving program and resident/client goals, supervise designated non-paramedical staff, schedule and coordinate work assignments and establish priorities and problem solve.
- Participate in quality improvement activities and support clinical innovation.
- Be responsible for all clinical aspects of the assigned caseload as they relate to physical therapy practice, utilizing recognized physiotherapy assessment and intervention approaches.
- Work collaboratively with members of the health care team, including residents and families, to set physical performance and capacity goals, evaluate response to treatment and develop long term care plans.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physical Therapy from a recognized program and two (2) years of recent and related clinical experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Physical Therapy Association (CPA) or the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physical Therapy theory and practice within a resident and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in resident care.
- Broad knowledge of evidence-based practice related to residential care, gerontology and chronic disease management.
- Broad knowledge of physiotherapy standardized tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of physiotherapy interventions as related to seniors and residential care populations
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower residents to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, coach and mentor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with residents and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated skill in physiotherapy techniques and use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including ability to effectively use computerized resident care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.