In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Physicians Billing Clerk generates billings and statements, posts charges and payments, performs collection duties, prepares aged listings and selects accounts for referral to collection agency. Reconciles payments and balances accounts, compiles claims and physician payments. Analyzes accounts and billing/revenue data by extracting, reviewing and interpreting information.
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized accounting course and two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.