The Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice and standards of practice for Pharmacy Technicians as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist. Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic. Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions. Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence. Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies. Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system. Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned Qualifications
- Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to keyboard.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Dawson Creek Community