Pharmacy Technician BC Cancer Surrey Casual Opportunities Available!
Help us accurately and effectively provide our patients with medications they need, so we can provide the best patient care possible.
Learn more about BC Cancer Pharmacy by visiting http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/health-professionals/clinical-resources/pharmacy . What you'll do
What you bring
- Process clinically reviewed and approved medication orders for distribution to a patient.
- Receive prescriptions (verbal and non verbal) from practitioners and ensure that prescriptions are complete and authentic by performing duties such as verifying allergy status and/or demographics.
- Prepare and process prescriptions by performing duties such as entering orders, counting, measuring, packaging or re-packaging medications and compounding various sterile pharmaceutical products, including hazardous drugs, according to established procedures. Pre-package oral, liquid and topical medications into unit-of-use format.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries, and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
- Enter and ensure the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the pharmacy information system
What we bring
- Current registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $29.86 per hour
13750 - 96th Avenue, Surrey
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday: Rotating Shifts
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia. BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.