150 - 8518 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, British Columbia, V5J 0B6
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important? Pharmacy Assistant Location:
CPAK is a division of Shoppers that prepares the medication packs that are distributed at the stores to patients. This centralized production of these packs enables the pharmacist and team at Shoppers Drug Mart locations to spend their time focusing on what is important - the patient! Working with the team, you will be responsible to ensure that the prepared CPAKs are accurate and prepared in a timely manner. We pride ourselves in having awesome team spirit!
We have a great benefits package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans and Employee share ownership plan!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada - making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local Shoppers Drug Mart stores in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
We are hiring a Pharmacy Assistant, Compliance Pack Shared Service.
Reporting directly to the Pharmacy Assistant Team Lead, you will be responsible for preforming day to day operations in regards to medication preparation and inventory management duties.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Prepare and package medications
- Ensure the number of pills in each package is correct
- Count each package quickly and accurately
- Prepare CPAKs for delivery
- Operate and maintain the Synmed® Automated Dispensing equipment used to generate and produce weekly compliance packs for Shoppers Drug Mart stores
- Ensure that the Synmed® machines have the correct and necessary supply of medication within the dispensing unit to prepare the compliance packs
- Clean and maintain the Synmed® equipment when necessary to ensure optimal performance
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to easily navigate basic computer software
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to adapt to change
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where high attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Ability to work and maneuver quickly and consistently for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Positive, cooperative, and team-oriented attitude
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care
about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
- A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
- Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
- A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
- Peer recognition programs
- Employee discounts on in-store purchases
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
- Learning and development through our SDM University
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
- Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well being of Canadians
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today. Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Management and Executive