We currently have an exciting casual opportunity for a Pharmacy Assistant
at Downtown Community Health Clinic in Vancouver, British Columbia
. Pharmacy staff rotates through Connections Addictions Clinic and Downtown Community Health Centre Pharmacies which are located adjacent to one another on Powell Street in Vancouver. These positions are for individuals who have compassion and empathy for a very vulnerable and marginalized population with the aim of decreasing the stigma of addiction and support the client journey at a pace and approach that works for them.
Working as an integral part of our Pharmacy Team, in this position you will:
- Assist with dispensing prescription orders
- Count or measure and fill medication containers or unit dose packages; compound medications such as lotions, ointments and creams for inspection
- Utilize your experience and Pharmacy Assistant education to further your career with us
As the successful applicant you have:
- Graduated from a recognized Pharmacy Assistant course
- One (1) year recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
We value self-directed individuals who are experts in their field and find satisfaction working innovatively and collaboratively to help improve the lives of those in their community.
Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services delivers integrated pharmaceutical care, services and programs across Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services includes 10 functional portfolio groupings across the four organizations - Residential Care, Community Based Pharmacy Programs, Professional Practice and Education Programs, Medication Safety, Information Systems and Technology, Medication Use Management, Business Support, Pharmaceutical Purchasing, Pharmaceutical Production, and Drug Distribution Systems. We employ all levels of Pharmacy Professionals across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and the Sunshine Coast. One Team, Best Pharmacy Care, Better Lives