PET Technologist BC Cancer Victoria, $32.00 to $39.89 per hour What you'll do
What you bring
- Perform all aspects of clinical PET/CT scanning including selecting the appropriate imaging protocol, positioning the patient for the scan, performing image acquisition and data reconstruction, and presenting the final image data set to the PET physician for interpretation.
- Prepare the patient for actual scanning procedure by explaining the entire procedure to the patient, answering any pertinent questions from the patient, and obtaining informed consent from the patient prior to starting.
- Perform technical work through duties such as correlating clinical history with examination to be performed, taking and recording baseline vital signs, establishing venous access for radiotracer injection, checking and recording blood glucose levels prior to injecting radiotracer, and administering the appropriate radiotracer.
- Monitor patient safety during procedures by methods such as obtaining blood pressure readings and directly observing patients for any physical signs of distress. Respond to emergent situations in accordance with facility policies and procedures; may be required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the event of an emergency.
What's in it for you
- Certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) in Nuclear Medicine.
- Three years of recent experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
- Completion of formal PET/CT education such as the CAMRT PET/CT certificate program or the equivalence of training and/or experience.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate - Basic Life Support (BCLS) level.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $32.00 to $39.89 per hour
2410 Lee Avenue, Victoria
Until position is filled
Monday to Friday; 0900 - 1700
Requisition Number: 89079 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals Requisition # 89079-2333447 Work Site 2410 Lee Avenue, Victoria Job Type Casual, Part-Time Salary/Rate $32.00 - $39.89 / Hour FTE .00 Hours of Work 0900-1700 Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Expiry Date 26-Apr-2020