The Overwaitea Food Group is a dynamic member of the Jim Pattison Group of companies. With the head office located in Langley, BC, we support over 145 unique stores in 6 banner formats (Save-On-Foods, Cooper’s Foods, Overwaitea Foods, PriceSmart Foods, Urban Fare and Bulkley Valley Wholesale) across both BC and Alberta. With over 15,000 team members, and one of the longest serving team member bases in the retail industry, our team is committed to fulfilling our mission of “Always Customer First” and maintaining our core values of People, Service, Innovation, Fun and Integrity. Our company is also very proud to have been selected as one of British Columbia’s Top Employers in 2014 and 2015.
Reporting to the E-Commerce Operations Specialist, the successful incumbent will liaise with the store based Online Shopping team and Customer Service Centre. They will be accountable for providing Always Customer First Service by delivering customers’ orders to their homes accurately and on time and be responsible for being a good team player and contributing to a positive work environment. They will take pride in working for a leader and innovator in the grocery industry that is focused on sustainably supporting local communities, and I inspire that pride in others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the accuracy and on-time delivery of every customer order, maintaining Always Customer First Service while ensuring the highest level of safety standards.
- Create opportunities to exceed customer service expectations through a commitment to Always Customer First service.
- Liaise with and support the Online Shopping team, including Personal Delivery Assistants, Online Shopping team and Customer Service Centre, to ensure a timely and positive delivery experience for customers.
- Work with office and store teams to resolve customer service recovery situations involving returns, refunds, etc.
- Share information including customer feedback from the delivery route with the E-Commerce Operations Specialist / Team Leader.
- Operate the delivery vehicle safely and adhere to all rules of the road at all times.
- Maintain the delivery vehicle to a high standard of cleanliness and roadworthiness.
- Achieve operational standards for the Online Shopping Department (e.g. customer service for delivery orders, adherence to route schedules, cleanliness, food safety, shrink, scheduling, health and safety).
- Remain current with key messages from Team leaders / E-Commerce Operations Specialist to ensure alignment with key business objectives.
- A passion for delivering Always Customer First service.
- Possession of a valid class 5 drivers abstract, demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Two to three years of experience delivering excellent customer service in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic and ‘let’s get it done’ attitude.
- Sense of humor and a fun attitude at work.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently, without supervision.
- High degree of professionalism with an optimistic and resilient approach.
- Flexibility regarding scheduling, as required.
- Strong organization, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read a map and operate a GPS.
- Must be able to lift totes up to 40lbs.
- Experience and/or knowledge with the following is considered an asset:
- Achieving sales targets and profitability
- Shrink management
- Health and Safety
- Food Safety
- Computer skills (or a willingness to learn)
*Please note that this is a part time position with the potential of transitioning into full time hours and additional growth opportunities. The successful incumbent must be willing to travel to different store locations when required.
Interested applicants can now apply online at http://www.owfg.com/join-our-team/employment-opportunities on or before July 27, 2016.