32988 South Fraser Way
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
"Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l'égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues."
The Business Banking Relationship Manager will deliver an exceptional customer experience to a defined portfolio of client relationships. The Business Banking Relationship Manager will understand client & business trends and be a source of information & expertise on Business Banking for a specific market segment. This job will understand the local market and identify opportunities to develop new and valuable opportunities to acquire new customers for BMO Financial Group.
You have a passion for helping others and growing BMO's business. As a Personal Banker, you will focus on delivering exceptional service by truly understanding personal and small business customers and conducting a thorough financial needs assessment to offer the most appropriate solution that fulfills the customers immediate and future financial needs. You will identify and refer more complex financial needs to the appropriate branch team member.
What we're looking for:
- Be a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch & market team
- Engage customers in complete, needs based conversations to identify financial solutions and preferred banking channels while recommending tailored solutions addressing both sales & service needs, including everyday banking, retail investments, lending solutions, home financing (including business-for-self applications) and small business solutions
- Offer advice and guidance on the digital and self-serve options available with the goal of making banking easy, simple and fast
- Support customer transaction based needs as required based on customer traffic
- Take the initiative and find creative approaches to make each customers experience feel personal
- Proactively engage customers by reaching out, generating appointments and building new relationships within the community to grow BMO's business
- Take a lead in proactively engaging with existing customers and prospects by providing needs-based assessments to grow loyalty and identify immediate/future opportunities
- Collaborate with your BMO partners and identify referral opportunities to further grow the customers relationship with BMO beyond personal banking
- Keep current with BMO policies and processes, the wider financial services marketplace, the legal and regulatory environment, and our commitment to upholding the highest ethical requirements of our industry
- Follow through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run branch
- Address questions & resolve issues raised through Consumer Credit, audits and quality checks to ensure data entry and recommendations are accurately documented in the lending applications and the lending process is followed
- Use the Our Approach to Risk Management framework to protect the Bank's assets and maintain the quality of the lending portfolio by ensuring adherence to lending process requirements and established yield, quality, diversification and risk guidelines.
- Make credit recommendations for personal lending transactions, including home financing, in accordance with sound credit granting principles and with the Banks Policies and Procedures
- Passionate commitment to helping our customers
- Experience in a consultative customer service or sales role, with a drive to deliver a personal customer experience
- A focus on results and the ability to thrive in a consultative sales and team-based environment
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to approach customers
- Skilled at personal account opening, Customer Welcome Offers and investment discussions
- Digitally-savvy and able to identify banking alternatives for our customers
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges
- Spends 90% of time on advice-based conversations with customers and proactively booking appointments Spends 10% of time on conversations and requests related to banking services, including handling transactions and supporting customers who walk into the branch
- Projects a professional presence; proactively engages customers in complete conversations about their personal banking needs; listens actively to understand customer needs, clearly explains potential solutions and their benefit to the customer
- Learns quickly and is motivated to apply new knowledge
- Is collaborative, enjoys helping others and being part of a team
- Identifies opportunities for referrals and makes smooth hand offs to partners in BMO FG
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of personal and small business customer needs and solutions
- Working knowledge of retail investments and lending product
- Experience in financial services is an asset
- Confident and at ease in the use of social media, tablets, Smart phones, online tools, and applications
- Highly skilled at helping people who don't find digital applications intuitive to gain confidence in how to use them and understand their benefits
- Registered Investment Sales Representative (RISR), including Mutual Funds Advanced completed
We're here to help
- Personal Lending Credit Qualified Working without limits, with Business For Self designation; working knowledge of creditor insurance
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing