Remote working conditions and open to candidates across Canada
Are you curious and inquisitive? Do you have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, and thrive managing concurrent projects while working with a global team to drive outcomes? Do you enjoy informing and influencing stakeholders with data and insights? If so, we would like to hear from you. This is a 6-month contract to start with chance for perm.
Who- the Company:
Exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing international Vancouver based company and one of Vancouver’s finest! They are a people-centric organization and known for their collaborative team culture.
What- the Role:
Our client’s People Analytics team operates as a shared service and this role will play a key part in ensuring stakeholders are provided with timely and accurate data, reports and analytical insights to enable data-driven strategic decision making. The role will be supported by two other People Data Analysts and act as the data steward to various cross functional partners.
The People Data Analyst will receive data requests and will need to ask appropriate questions to understand hypotheses and requests. They will then source data from the relevant tool/data warehouse, effectively organize and distill data, checking for accuracy, optimal visualization and present back to the stakeholder.
Who – the Candidate:
- 4-6 years of experience as a data analyst - experience working with HR/organizational people data preferred (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics)
- Advanced MS Office skills e.g. Excel (incl. Power Query), SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience with judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and business issues
- Experience with data management, specifically with validating and auditing data and reports from multiple systems
- Experience manipulating large data sets through statistical software or other methods
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience having effective conversations with clients about their support needs and requirements, managing the intake process, and asking the right questions to scope and solve the requests
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional partners and internal teams to deliver solutions in a timely fashion.
- Proactively manage stakeholder expectations, manage escalations and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Respond to data and dashboarding requests related to people data with minimal guidance.
- Handle ad hoc reporting and analytics requests, while addressing stakeholder long-term needs and driving insights for HR Partners and Executives using existing dashboard, HRIS data, and leveraging our people data ecosystem.
- Intake on business needs and apply contextual knowledge in order to scope data requests, synthesize insights, and recommend solutions to key business partners in collaboration with others.
Nice To Have Experience
- Experience with SQL for querying relational databases
- Comfortable building dashboards/visualizations through PowerBI
- Experience utilizing ServiceNow for intake process
- Stack includes Workday, Avature and imminently Docebo; exposure to any/all of those a bonus.
Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience
Vancouver, BC OR Remote across Canada
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving very quickly, and interviews start immediately! Swim will be presenting short-listed candidates directly to the hiring team for consideration. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon.
Human Resources Information Technology