Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
We're looking for a motivated individual, who enjoys taking initiative and contributing to a team with a common goal. The candidate must have a strong aptitude for cultural sensitivity, including exceptional interpersonal communication skills and the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in all communications to promote positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Our People and Culture Team's practices and objectives provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.What you will do:
- Full-cycle recruitment
- Ensure alignment and continuity between employee hiring process and deployment to client sites based on strategic staffing
- Coordinate onboarding and training
- Facilitate Paladin's employee reward and recognition program
- Generate reports as needed
- Ensure statutory and governing bodies compliances are met such as Security Licenses registration, Worksafe BC, and Employment Standards Legislation
- Assist with office events such as the annual holiday party, charity initiatives etc.
- Process of employee files, and compliances
- Support front line staff with general inquiries such as payroll forms, accessing pay stubs, employee referral program, branch transfers etc.
- Support scheduling related activities and quality control for a portfolio of security programs for the Kelowna Branch of Paladin Security
- Provide administrative support for a portfolio, which includes ensuring accurate data entry in TEAM software, facilitating security officer training/clearance requirements, processing online ticket submissions, etc
Why Choose Paladin
- Successful completion of a Human Resources diploma or its equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years' previous related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of varying HRIS / and or applicant tracking system is required
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion and enthusiasm for creative and best practice talent acquisition
- One of Canada's Best Employers
- Co-Pay Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
- Hybrid work arrangement (4-days in office on average)
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Branch Manager
This is a Full-Time
position Monday - Friday
Number of Openings for this position: 1