Our People and Culture team is looking for a passionate people and culture specialist - compensation to support WorkSafeBC's culture and achievement of business results by designing, implementation and administering compensation programs. Are you a compensation professional looking for a new exciting opportunity? If yes, we'd love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Manager, Staff Compensation, you'll act as an advisor supporting multifaceted compensation programs and initiatives that support the organization's strategy. You will lead important projects to enhance WorkSafeBC's compensation processes and policies. You'll leverage your human resources background in tandem with your compensation expertise and knowledge to research, advise and consult on various compensation initiatives to ensure WorkSafeBC achieves internal equity and external competitiveness.
This position is a full-time permanent position and will be remotely based during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that after the pandemic, the position will be based in our Richmond office. What you'll do As a people and culture specialist, compensation you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Facilitate, liaise, and participate on job evaluation committees for unionized and management positions
- Review and analyze job descriptions holistically to ensure accuracy and prevent job redundancies
- Research compensation programs and best practices to assess WorkSafeBC's current programs and benchmark with similar organization to enhance our programs and initiatives
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of compensation data and coordinate the annual compensation review process
- Participate in and analyze external salary surveys and collaboratively work with consultants on analyzing salary competitiveness and market issues
- Introduce and implement salary administration policies and processes based on extensive research and benchmarking
- Deliver presentations on compensation programs and initiatives to various stakeholders on changes, new processes and policies implemented in the organization
- Liaise, present, and communicate decisions to the union on job evaluation and descriptions
Your experience and educational background:
- Effectively communicate complex information both verbally and in writing to various stakeholders
- Research, analyze and conceptualize information to enhance or implement compensation programs and initiatives
- Manage multiple projects varying in size to ensure effective delivery and implementation of compensation programs and initiatives
- Collaboratively work with team members and stakeholders on various projects and initiatives
- Attentively review and analyze data with a high degree of accuracy
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- A minimum of five years of experience in human resources, compensation, total rewards, or related fields
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation or working towards one is preferred
- Experience with HRIS systems such as PeopleSoft is considered a strong asset
- Experience in researching, analyzing, and implementing compensation programs and initiatives
- Expertise in advanced level Microsoft Excel and knowledge of reporting tools
We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please send any additional application materials via email to Talent Team by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary , your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life. Learn more about what we offer .
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
Sales and Marketing