Payroll Coordinator, North Vancouver, BC
Our client, a multi-discipline construction company, is one of the largest marine general contractors in Canada. Since its inception over a hundred years ago, the company has built many of the major marine facilities along the coastline and inland waters of British Columbia. Our client is a vibrant and growing company with a culture dedicated to its core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, and Professionalism. As an integral member of their Accounting department, you will support and contribute to the team by accurate maintenance of payroll records.
Who are you?
Looking for a motivated Payroll Coordinator who is committed to growing their professional career with the company while gaining valuable knowledge and experience through a variety of assignments.
Location: North Vancouver
- Ensure the maintenance of employee data files and the proper changes have occurred (new hire, termination, wage increase, status change, and the appropriate calculations are made to reflect these changes)
- Enter bi-weekly hours reports into the system for payroll processing
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, union and regulatory requirements
- Perform audits to ensure that records are up to date and accurate
- Manage and administer hourly weekly payroll and ensure timely payment to hourly staff
- Maintain payroll records as per federal/provincial regulations
- Ensure all payroll transactions are accurately reported and recorded (verify pay amounts, hours of work, deductions, etc.)
- Ensure cost code changes are accurately processed in the appropriate pay period
- Process and prepare weekly payroll journal reconciliations
- Track and resolve all hourly payroll inquiries, as required
- Work with the Accounting department identifying any issues or problems that may arise
- Prepare and issue the Record of Employment (ROE) by the legislated time frame
- Observe and respect the confidentiality of Payroll information
- Degree or Accounting/Business Diploma
- Have or actively pursuing course work towards PCP designation
- 3 years of related experience, preferable in a unionized environment, accurately producing payroll through computerized payroll preparation
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
The ideal candidate will have:
- High personal, professional and ethical standards
- Initiative and sound judgment
- A collaborative, proactive, and results oriented approach
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Accurate data-entry skills with strong attention to detail required
- Solid prioritization/time-management skills
Timeline for this role
The client is looking to interview perspective candidates asap with an asap start for the successful candidate once all due-diligence has been completed.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ https://expertrecruiters.secure.force.com/ExpertRecruiters with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Candace Amirault, Sr. Talent Executive, quoting reference #2888-CA. If you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.
About Expert Recruiters
Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style of staffing experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you'll recognize that Expert Recruiters prov...