The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator ensures that all aspects of the benefits and payroll cycle for 200+ employees are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
Located in the Fraser Valley, in a suburb of the Metro Vancouver area we are a thriving and growing organization seeking an experienced Payroll profressional to join our team! We offer a competitive salary, robust benefit plan and a great, fun group of profressional to work with.
Assist the Financial Controller in the finance department on their day to day operations. Dedicated to improving processes and procedures within the finance department, while ensuring the timely and accurate processing of payroll and reporting of payroll data. Other responsibilities include management and administration of all benefits programs and month end balance sheet reconciliations for all Langley companies.
- Accurate and timely processing of payroll
- Ensure payroll compliance with legislative, government and regulatory bodies
- Promote continuous improvement in the payroll department
- Management and compliance of the benefits program
- Accurate processing of payroll for all employees, including commissions, bonuses, terminations, wage changes, etc.
- Extract timesheets and review work hours for completeness and accuracy
- Manage payroll changes and maintain accurate employee and payroll records
- Create and maintain Payworks platform including employee profiles, create and maintain accurate reports in compliance with regulatory standards (e.g. What items are CPP assessable)
- Management of payroll benefits plans
- Safekeeping of confidential payroll information
- Manage and ensure timely communication of required payments to AP
- Manage payroll inquiries ensuring strictest confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Ensure compliance with legislative, regulatory and government agencies
- Reconciliation and issuance of T4’s and payroll remittances
- Assist with other Finance tasks as required, including year-end reconciliations, bank reconciliations, etc.
- Daily update of cash flow spreadsheet
- Creation of Finance wire transfers, including Intercompany and FX
- Month end close tasks as assigned, including all required payroll accruals
Experience and qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in Canadian payroll.
- Canadian PCP or PCM certification is a must.
- American payroll association FPC or CPP certification is considered an asset.
- Experience with American payroll is considered an asset
- Experience concurrently running salary and hourly payroll.
- Ability to be discreate and ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Accounting knowledge to accurately do journal entries and payroll reconciliations.
- Experience with investigating and resolving payroll issues.
- Strong computer skills, specifically using Excel.
- Driven, positive, and outgoing personality
- Organizational skills are a must
- Ability to time manage and prioritize
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles
Only candidates that are legally eligble to work in Canada may apply.
Accounting Administrative Manufacturing and Production