Payroll Coordinator for a fast-growing, global and supportive company in Burnaby!
Who - the Company:
Our client is a progressive and international manufacturing organization with head-quarter in Burnaby and locations globally. They have been in business for over 25 years and is a stable yet consistently growing and expanding organization. This is an excellent opportunity to work at a head-office and work closely with a large and dynamic finance and accounting team in a growth-oriented environment. This company has social events throughout the year, and they look for people who can strike the balance between hard-working and fun-loving.
What - the Role:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive team as one of their Payroll Coordinator. This is a newly created role due to growth. The role will involve performing all functions necessary for the preparation and processing of employee hourly and salaried payrolls both in Canada and the US. The position requires a strong understanding of current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting.
- Entering New Hires in ADP Work Force Now – including the review and verification of source documents
- Manage employee time clock verifications and edits
- Confirm and enter all employee related deductions and other liabilities
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Draft relevant weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Payroll Manager
Who - the Candidate:
We are looking for an experienced payroll professional with at least 5 years of experience ideally in a large and complex environment. In addition we are seeking someone with the following:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- 5+ years of experience in Canadian or US payroll, experience with processing payroll for other countries would be desirable
- Designation as Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)
- Experience using ADP Work Force Now is a major asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Excel
A competitive salary that commensurate with experience, plus comprehensive benefits and vacation.
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving quickly! Swim is providing our client with an on-going short-list so please let us know as soon as possible if you are interested.