Payroll AnalystTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The key purpose of the HR team is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people - from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunity. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven. As a core member of the Payroll Team in the GBS Front Office, you will be responsible for delivering payroll Service support to our Canadian businesses. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will provide a high level of support for internal customers, with accurate and timely processing of information for all stakeholders. This position reports to
HR Delivery ManagerYour responsibilities
- Verify and process weekly, bi-weekly and off cycle payrolls.
- Prepare electronic payments for the bank and coordinate pay slip printing.
- Prepare records of employment.
- Manage third party remittances (DAS, Garnishments, WCB/CSST, etc.) and assist the Finance team for the reconciliation of related GL's.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve issues for employees, Managers, accounting group and outside government agencies.
- Assist Payroll Manager with yearend reconciliations, filings, and other various yearend duties (asset).
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Bilingual (a must)
- 1st level of CPA course completed (an asset)
- 3 to 5 years of payroll experience
- Knowledge of Workday Payroll system would be an asset and functional knowledge of Excel a must.
- Knowledge of SAP (nice to have)
- Ability to manage multiple demands and prioritize effectively and on time and work with cross-functional teams.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach with attention to details.
- A proactive way of working to serve customers with a "can-do" attitude.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.