West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for five years and Top Employer for Recent Graduates, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Our Quesnel Plywood Division has an opportunity for an:PAYROLL ADMINSTRATOR
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role on our Quesnel Plywood Finance team is a full time, permanent position.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Process accurate and timely payroll for 200+ employees
- Maintain payroll & benefits information, documents and forms
- Calculate and prepare payroll remittance & reconciliations
- Respond to payroll & benefit related inquiries
- Manage WCB and short & long term disability claims
- Prepare various reports upon request for supervisors and management
- Correspondence with the union and remittance of union dues
- Prepare ROE’s and information for T4s
- Maintaining confidential personnel files
- Ensuring compliance with West Fraser policies and Canadian payroll regulations
- Reconciling payroll liability accounts
- Responsible for arranging long term service and retirement events
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies
- Support to the team in additional duties as needed
- 3-5 years previous payroll or administration experience
- Completion or enrolment in the Payroll Compliance Professional certification program will be considered an asset
- Or post-secondary education in payroll administration and general accounting knowledge is preferred
- High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing workloads and tasks
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- A self-starter with the initiative to learn and grow
- Experience &/or training in Human Resource would be an asset
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia, offering affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click
"apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.