Fantastic opportunity with a phenomenal well-known organization!
What- The Opportunity:
Our reputable and established client has an opening for a maternity leave payroll administrator. Based in their Vancouver office, (during covid work from home 3 days and 2 days from office) the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for full cycle payroll for up to 300 staff. The position reports to the Controller and partners extensively with their HR team. This role includes all payroll activities related to the audit of hiring input by HR into ADP, terminations, garnishments, etc. Other duties include, but are not limited to, processing accounts payable invoices as well all expense reports for staff and preparing year-end tax slips for both staff and students as well as non-resident contractors.
Who- The Candidate:
We are seeking as seasoned Payroll & Benefits leader with at least 2 years of relevant experience that is looking for their next step in this career. This is a wonderful opportunity and encompasses payroll and a bit of accounts payables.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum two years of payroll experience using a third party payroll provider, preferably ADP – Workforce Now and one one years’ experience in an accounting environment.
- Working knowledge of federal statutes and payroll reporting requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail are required.
- Prepare, submit and verify semi-monthly (salary) and bi-weekly (hourly) payrolls for approximately 300 employees in addition to a seasonal payroll of 200+ employees during the summer season.
- Reconcile all payroll accounts to the general ledger.
- Perform manual calculations and related entries for retroactive pays, corrections, vacation payouts, deductions, taxable benefits, etc.
- Prepare and submit accurate Records of Employment (ROE).
- Perform accurate year end payroll close, including T4 and T4A review, issue T10s as required.
- Provide payroll support to employees and communicate any payroll issues that arise with management.
- Process a portion of Canadian and USD invoices and filing.
- Process all employee expense reimbursements and submit with payroll.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Word, ACCPAC and ADP.
- Experience with CanTax Form master would be an asset
- Minimum two (2) years of general accounting experience.
- Key competencies and EQ in the following areas: self-awareness, self-management, empathy, social expertness, initiative, and accountability.
- Being accountable for the accurate and timely processing of low volume accounts payables.
- Other tasks as assigned
Based at their head office in Vancouver.
Base salary based on the successful candidate’s experience plus extended health, dental, vision and pension program. Successful candidate will also have access to a meal program and sustainable commuting program (subsidized transit, carpool/cycling subsidy etc)
When & How To Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please let us know today and we can discuss further! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance Human Resources