Job Description Payment Clerk
The Payment Clerk’s role is to process a high-volume of consumer payments received each day in various trust accounts .
Primary Job Functions
- Review, analyze and process electronic payment downloads
- Process other payment types, such as mailed-in cheques, walk-ins (cash and interac payments)
- Reconcile posted batches to actual money received and prepare end-of-day daily balancing reports. Review and reconcile posted payments report by bank code and match them with applicable deposit items. Prepare deposit slips for each trust account as necessary.
- Monitor deposit due dates for post-dated cheques. Prepare deposit slips and deposit to applicable client trust accounts.
- Review and process client downloads, such as those for direct payments, balance adjustments and reversals, according to client instructions and special handling procedures.
- Support the Payment Processing Group with filing projects, including catching up on historical files and assisting with the creation, implementation and maintenance of daily filing procedures.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of data entry with accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills (knowledge of excel functions such as pivot table is an asset)
- Minimum one year accounting certificate
- Exceptional communication skills
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance