Patient Services Aide Labour and Delivery, BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre, $23.26 per hour
Casual Opportunities Available
The Patient Services Aide (PSA) is responsible for ensuring the timely set up of the birthing and operating rooms in the Birthing Program after each delivery. What you'll do
What you bring
- Change, clean and remake Operating Room (OR) / Labour Delivery Room (LDR) / Assessment beds and stretchers.
- Restock OR / Surgical Day Care (SDC) / Post Anesthetic Recovery (PAR) / LDR / Assessment areas with Medical/Surgical supplies and equipment.Report any concerns to Lead Hand / Charge Nurse / Admin Coordinator.
- Clean and restock anaesthetic machine and cart in OR area with necessary supplies and equipment. Report any concerns to Anaesthesia Technologist.
- Clean instruments by rinsing/identifying and placing on an open tray for return to SPD. Report any missing instruments to OR Charge Nurse. Sterilize instruments by operating the autoclave as per established procedure.
- Clean and store specialized equipment as per established procedures.
- Completion of Grade 10.
- One (1) year recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You have the ability to:
What's in it for you
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Organize work.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Carry out the duties in a sterile environment.
- Operate related equipment.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job Type: Casual
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $23.26 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak St, Vancouver BC
Hours of Work: 0700-1500 / 0800-1600 / 1200-2000 / 1500-2300 / 2300-0700
Requisition Number:91816 What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.