Reporting to the Director of Care, the PCU Coordinator assists with the planning, developing, implementing, supervising, evaluating and helps provide patient care services and clinical support with the Inpatient Department. The Patient Care Unit Coordinator uses the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) Standards of Practice and the Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics as a framework on which to base his/her nursing practice. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Perinatal/Obstetrical course or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Cardio-pulmonay Resuscitation (CPR) - Basic Rescuer level required.
- Minimum of three (3) years recent related clinical and or managerial experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a work environment conducive to well-being of patients and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to teach and function as a role model.
- Demonstrated decision-making, problem-solving, conflict resolution and change management skills in both routine and emergency situations.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Prince Rupert Community