Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a clinical background with training and experience in Mental Health/Psychiatry? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Patient Care Coordinator in our Mental Health and Substance Use Services located at Surrey Memorial Hospital.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for psychiatric nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing clinical supervision, guidance and support to nursing staff, clinical team members and support staff
- Facilitating day-to-day operations of the assigned unit including daily patient flow
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the interprofessional care team
- Participating in research, policy, quality improvement and risk management activities
- Supporting program and/or regional activities
- Providing clinical support, guidance and evaluating the effectiveness of learning objectives
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent 3 years related clinical experience in the designated clinical area, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
This role is a relief part-time position located at Surrey Memorial Hospital in Surrey, BC. Surrey is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province, equal to the size of Vancouver, Richmond and Burnaby combined. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Also, despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are outstanding in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, teamwork and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Transform your practice to a new level and join a team that prides itself on building an excellent work place!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.