The Parts and Warehouse Services Manager is a key member of our client’s team whose primary function will be to manage all aspects of the parts department. This role will also be responsible for the logistical and shipping functions and coordinated movement of customer product from its completion on the shop floor to its final delivery in the fastest most cost effective manner possible which requires collaboration with and assistance from sales, technical service, production and accounting. The Parts and Warehouse Services Manager reports to the Service Manager.
- Management of parts inventory.
- Disbursement of parts to service technicians.
- Sale of parts to customers.
- Sourcing of parts on request by customers, technicians, or management.
- Parts inventory control management.
- Maintaining proper stock levels of the individual items in the parts department.
- Implementation and maintenance of a new parts numbering system.
- Prepare all documentation and packaging for parts shipments.
- Supervise the crating and labeling of all equipment shipments.
- Management of all freight arrangements for out bound shipments.
- Inspect received goods for proper counts and damages.
- Disbursement of items received to appropriate parties.
- Ensure the warehouse is kept in a neat and orderly condition at all times
- Participate in planning and execution of all warehouse services policies.
- Diploma in Shipping or Logistics preferred, minimum a High School Diploma
- Aptitude for accuracy, attention to detail, organization and prioritization.
- Experience with creative problem solving relating to parts/inventory management, shipping and logistics.
- Show initiative in bringing new ideas and suggestions to current shipping and receiving systems and process.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret shipping and logistics related documents and contracts, sales orders and general business correspondence and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and general business correspondence.
- Must possess strong computer skills including ability to use Microsoft Office Programs.
- Success working with deadlines.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Valid BC Drivers Licence.
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to complete Industrial First Aid training.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to operate a small two stage fork lift machine and hand jacks.
If you possess the fundamental skills and experience required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf format in confidence to Michael O’Brien at email@example.com – 604.760.7649.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those that we wish to interview.