Being the largest, fastest growing and best managed security company in the industry, our employees have the opportunity to gain applicable knowledge, skills and abilities to excel and expedite in meeting your career goals!
We offer the most comprehensive training programs for all of our new employees including Basic Security Training, Occupational First Aid Level 1, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention at No Cost! We firmly believe and stand by our policy on supporting our employees by offering a variety of professional development opportunities and courses including promotion from within and supervisory/management training.
Paladin Security is currently seeking for part-time security professionals to join our team! The part-time security officer position is a great opportunity for those looking for work on either Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Saturday, Sunday. Successful candidates need to be available for all shifts including mornings,afternoons and nights.
- - Patrol assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- - Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- - Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- - Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
- - Offer support to any person in need of assistance.
- - Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- - Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- - Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- - Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills. - Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- - Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
- - Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
- - Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- - Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- - Present a professional image to the public.
- - Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- - Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- - Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
- - Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Available to work weekends on either Fri-Sun or Sat-Sun
- Flexibility to work all shifts (days/afternoons/nights/weekends).
- Superior customer service skills.
- Must be bondable and able to pass a security clearance.
- High School Diploma or GED; relevant post-secondary education or certifications would be considered an asset.
- Must be 19 years old and meet all other minimum requirements for a security license in BC.
- Willingness to consent to a training commitment contract
HOW TO APPLY?
Please visit www.paladinsecurity.com/careers to apply to our part-time posting.