Part-Time Regular Web Editor/Reporter- CityNews Vancouver
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We are looking for a Part-Time Web Editor/Reporter!
Are you passionate about telling stories that matter to Vancouver? Does the idea of working in fast-paced, 24/7, multi-platform newsroom excite you?Are you driven to createdigitalcontent that captivates hearts and minds,and forces change? Then we are looking for you!CityNews Vancouver has an exciting opportunity on our digital team.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Work with a talented team of journalists to produce digital content that captures the attention of Vancouver
- Pitch original story ideas which leads to riveting content that you produce yourself
- Edit and publish compelling articles to citynews.ca in accordance to CP Style
- Support your teammates by helping convert stories designed for a radio or TV audience for a digital audience
- Coordinate and prioritize articles on citynews.ca to highlight the most important stories to our Vancouver audience
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition
- Focus on telling stories for a digital audience, while also serving those on radio and TV
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A passion for storytelling - you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it
- A portfolio filled with compelling content, consumed by major market audiences
- Ability to find original stories about people and issues which reflect Vancouver's exciting and diverse communities
- The curiosity needed to break stories and challenge norms asa bold, strategic andcreative thinker
- An understanding of the needs of a 21stcentury, multi-platform newsroom
- A willingness to put team interests ahead of yourown. You want to be here to do a good job, but also have fun doing so
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines
- A digital-first mindset with an understanding of the challenges facing journalism today
- Because news never stops-a willingness towork evenings and weekends
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A newsroom environment where you will be heard and supported, and where you can bring your whole self to work
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- All the gear you need to do your job
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 2440 Ash St (094), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 272149
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Vancouver, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Part Time, Technology
Information Technology Telecommunications