Closing Date: December 8, 2022
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing coal mining for the future.
Reporting to the Lead, Continuous Improvement, the Organizational Change Leader (known at Teck as Operational Readiness Specialist) is responsible for coaching and mentoring staff to ensure initiatives are operationally ready and implemented in a sustainable fashion, with a focus on bringing employees through change at our Greenhills Operation.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, who can influence and build consensus with teams across all levels and proficiencies within the organization and collaborate with multiple disciplines while seeing the bigger picture, wider impacts, as well as the sustainability of each project. Someone whose instinct is to think of the people impacted by change and how initiatives will be sustained once they are completed. Most importantly, you will be a motivated self-starter, organized, and able to prioritize contending demands and thrive in a constantly evolving environment.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist the site teams with organizational change management and operational readiness planning, development, and execution
- Provide organizational change management and operational readiness mentorship and training to site personnel
- Develop, update, and deliver training materials to prepare the operations for successful implementation of initiatives
- Coordinate communication initiatives with project owners and site leadership
- Track plans including partner analysis, change readiness, change impact assessment, change activities, and training documentation
- Identify and monitor initiative implementation risks and work with project owners to plan and implement mitigation whenever possible
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Change management experience and training (strategic and tactical)
- Ability to present, and to influence and facilitate a group to move towards a common goal
- Experience in continuous improvement, project management, or relevant mining operational roles is an asset
- Previous operational readiness or management consulting experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Sustainability, Coal Mining, Management Consulting, Change Management, Energy, Mining, Management