Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Facilities and Technical BCLC exists to generate win-wins for the greater good. For our people, our players, our province, and our planet. Lottery | Casino | Sports Being a social purpose company, we are not only able to better align our business decisions with our purpose, but more importantly, we are committing to doing our part in creating a better world. We generate win-wins by asking our employees, partners, and government stakeholders to continually evaluate the impacts of all activities and decisions on individuals, institutions, communities and the planet. Motivated and guided by our social purpose, everything we do must benefit the greater good.
Location: 2940 Virtual Way, Vancouver
Vacancies: 3 x Permanant Part Time (18.75 hours/week) & 1 x Permanant On-Call
Hours of Work: You must be available to work between the hours of 8:30 am- 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Expected Rate of Pay: $21.21 per hour The Company
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians. We continue to revolutionize gambling entertainment through engaging experiences that build and benefit communities. We operate national and provincial lotteries in partnership with 3500 retail partners, provide the games, technology & oversight to 37 brick & mortar casinos, and operate a safe secure and 100% legal online gambling presence PlayNow.com. In our recently completed fiscal year, BCLC generated a record $1.636 billion in net income to the Province of B.C. to support First Nations, local host governments, health care, education and community programs across the province. Job Summary:
The Order Processor is responsible for the completion of daily lottery product distribution. Daily tasks include receiving shipments from vendors, product returns from Lottery Retailers, processing and packing outgoing orders for safe transport, destruction of end-of-life products, and verifying products are in good condition and quantities match orders. This role maintains high accuracy and efficiency while ensuring security and compliance requirement adherence. This role ensures the Order Processing area remains organized and appropriately stocked with product to ensure optimal operational efficiency. The Associate develops and maintains relationships with internal stakeholders, like Logistics and Inside Sales, to ensure effective Order Processing results. Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Proactively resolves processing issues with the support and guidance of senior department members.
- Responsible for product loading, unloading, and movement including visual inspection and goods quality verification against shipping documentation. Documents logistics details, and transfers and stores goods in designated areas.
- Uses warehouse and inventory control systems to perform day-to-day business activities like warehouse and inventory management, product distribution, and product recall.
- Completes operational tasks and functions within well-defined policy and procedures with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail to ensure inventory and order balancing.
- Utilizes warehouse and inventory management control systems to perform day-to-day business activities related to product distribution functions like goods movement and buy-back ensuring transactional accuracy.
- Proactively troubleshoots and resolves Order Processing issues and discrepancies.
- Conducts daily, weekly, month, and yearly inventory counts to ensure compliance requirement adherence.
- Supports a culture of collaboration and accountability. Assists new and existing department members to adapt processes to new policies and procedures.
- Provides collaborative input into department policies, procedures, and functional documentation development to ensure their use for effective and efficient department operation. Implements department plans to support corporate, division, and department strategies and objectives.
- Seeks opportunities for continuous personal development and provides knowledge transfer to others.
- Proactively ensures a clean and orderly work environment throughout individual and distribution areas.
- Identifies and recommends enhancements to inventory control systems for the coordination, performance, and tracking of day-to-day business activities within warehouse and inventory management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Two years' experience in warehousing, distribution, or inventory control.
- Forklift and warehouse materials handling equipment certification is an asset.
- Experience with the SAP Warehouse and/or Inventory Management modules is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of warehouse, inventory, and distribution procedures.
- Knowledge of a computerized distribution and shipment systems.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize daily functions.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and motivate a team environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Strong time management skills.
What's in it for you
- Ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Must be able to safely lift and move heavy packages 15 kg and equipment.
- Ability to safely use materials-handling equipment including electric forklifts, electric pallet jacks, electric order pickers, electric pallet stackers, and hand/furniture trucks
However you identify, or whatever your path in life, if you see something here that makes you excited to get to work every day, please apply. We hire people for skills, capabilities and potential, not just education and experience. We value Respect, Integrity and Community, and we provide an inclusive environment where everyone can feel like they belong . Our social purpose is much more than returning 100% of net income to the province in the form of healthcare & education programs, and community gaming grants. Check it out ! Did you know BCLC is an industry leader in player health & responsible gambling? Find out more ! We are trained in neurodivergent hiring. If you require accommodation so you can be at your best in the interview, please let us know: email@example.com . All candidates must be at least 19 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada
- Defined benefit pension plan which provides a recurring income you can depend on for life throughout retirement
- We know family life is important and pride ourselves on our work-life balance
- Professional development including education/certification sponsorship, in house leadership cohorts, LinkedIn Learning
- See all our rewards here
Operations and Logistics