Order Processor (12 Months, On Call)
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Facilities and Technical Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Our Operations Division manages both provincial & national lottery games as well as instant lotteries through over 3000 retail partners across the province. We provide the gaming technology and set standards, policies & procedures across 37 casino properties in BC, ensuring a high standard of security and integrity.
We also provide online gambling through Playnow.com and our Lotto app including lottery, sports betting, Bingo, Keno, online slots or online casino games and Live Dealer table games where players can choose the online version of their favorite games while connecting with others across the province. Our Operations group is what makes it all happen, through day to day operations, project improvements, sales management, facilities, business intelligence and innovation.
This team of passionate professionals with a diverse array of backgrounds is directly accountable for earning revenue for the province. They work together as one group to ensure clear direction for BCLC's priorities across all our lines of business, ensuring a high degree of player experience and entertainment in each of the games we offer.
As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual revenue, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of the picture. At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours and transactions and relationships nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated. Job Summary:
The Order Processor role works under well-defined order processing controls and security procedures to control ticket inventory and achieve a high level of accuracy in order detail and inventory balancing. This role ensures all retailer information sheets, point-of-sale products and supplies are accurately filled and packaged correctly. This role is also responsible for ensuring order-processing production area remains organized and well stocked at all times for optimal operational efficiency and that all out-bound shipments are correctly packaged, well organized and counted. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Carries out routine operational support duties and multiple tasks as they relate to the Distribution department.
- Works under well-defined order processing policy and procedures with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in order picking and inventory balancing.
- Provides input into the development of order processing practices and procedures in order to run the department more efficiently and cost effectively.
- Works under general supervision, and relies on readily available assistance from team members and supervisors to resolve issues as they relate to order processing and the delivery of such services.
- Interacts with internal customers to provide exceptional customer service, exchange information and respond to requests to ensure distribution is executed in a cost effective manner.
- Seeks opportunities to continuously develop through ongoing training.
- Maintains a clean work environment in individual and general warehouse areas.
- High school diploma;
- 1-2 years warehousing and related experience;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good understanding of inventory controls and distribution procedures;
- Ability to prioritize and organize work volumes to meet definite time restraints;
- Good knowledge of a computerized order processing, shipping system;
- Basic computer skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Some heavy lifting up to 35 lbs. is required
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQAI+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
Operations and Logistics