Starworks Packaging and Assembly is a Vancouver based contract packaging service provider that provides a variety of packaging services, assembly, warehousing and fulfillment services. We are currently seeking temporary staff over the holiday season to assist order assembly and shipping. Starworks is social enterprise operated by the Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA).
JOB TITLE: Order Picker and Gift Assembly
SERVICE AREA: Starworks Packaging and Assembly
START DATE: November 2016
STATUS: Temporary Seasonal Mid November until December 24, 2016
SCHEDULE/HRS: Casual on call Mon-Fri 8:00-16:00 // 30-40 hours per week
Possible casual on call hours outside of these dates.
HOURLY WAGE: $10.85 - $12.00
The Order Picker is responsible for picking stock to order (reading and verifying a packing list), while using visual maps to assemble a variety of high end gift baskets/boxes. They will ensure product placement and presentation meets the quality control requirements. They will be responsible for building custom gift baskets/boxes when requested, packaging and preparing orders for shipment, and replenishing stock as needed.
Education & Experience:
• Grade 12 or Secondary School equivalent.
• Warehouse, order picking and gift wrapping or assembly experience preferred.
• Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with speed, accuracy, and quality while under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to read pick list, verify order contents and respond to written instructions or requests.
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
Standard requirements of the Order Picker include:
• Demonstrated competency in English
• Eligible to work in Canada
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Quote “Order Picker” in subject line of your email, attach an up-to-date resume & cover letter and send ‘Attention: Starworks’ to email@example.com or fax (604) 879-7441
For more information, please visit our website at www.starworks.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.