159747 Position Title:
Software Engineer II External Description: We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that?In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.But making games is not easy.That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry. The Challenge Ahead:
Our platform powers online features for EA's game titles serving millions of users each day.We live, breathe, and dream about how we can make every player's multiplayer experience memorable.We develop services and SDKs in collaboration with EA's game studios for matchmaking, stats and leaderboards, achievements, game replays, VOIP, and game networking.We try to capture the most memorable portions of your experience, such as statistics to compare yourself to other players, achievements you earned during play, and even replays of your own games to share.
EA's Digital Platform Gameplay Services team has a need for an Operations Engineer in EASK, Burnaby.You will report to a Director of Engineering and support scalable, distributed server-side systems that provide functionality to our millions of customers and work on new improvements to keep our systems at top-notch performance and operationally ready. Responsibilities:
- Support our developed services and SDKs
- Enhance and add features to existing systems
- Research and select new best-of-breed technologies to meet challenging requirements
- Communicate with engineers from across the company to bring the next generation of online features for both established and not-yet-released games
- Endeavor to optimize performance and scalability of server systems
- Be a part of the full product cycle for our products, from design and testing to deployment and supporting our LIVE environments and our game team customers
- Advocate for best practices within the engineering team
- Work with product managers to improve new features to support EA's business
- A bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years software development experience
- Experience with Java/J2EE
- Experience with technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with cloud computing products such as AWS EC2, ElastiCache, and ELB
What's In It For YOU?Glad You Asked!
- Experience with languages like Python or Go
- Experience with Git
- Experience with scalable data storage, streaming and processing technologies such as Cassandra, Amazon S3, Apache Kafka, Storm and Spark.
- Experience with relational or NoSQL database
- Experience with high traffic services and highly scalable, distributed systems
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working within the games industries
- Knowledge of Google gRPC and protobuf
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is motivated by creativity and individuality. Where you will be located:
EA Still Creek - Burnaby, BC Unleash Your Inner Genius - Apply Today!
#LI-NS1 City: State: Community / Marketing Title:
Ops Software Engineer II - Gameplay Services Company Profile:
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.EEOText:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. Date Opened:
2020-01-30 17:43:26.487 EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Software and Programming