Job Skills / Requirements This role is based on overnight shift availability and compensation starts at $22 per hour ($22.50 hourly after probation is complete). Previous experience in a control / command / alarm monitoring or call centre environment is an asset, but is not required.
Do you have administrative experience and excellent situational awareness skills? Did you know that Paladin Security is seeking experienced Operators at a large Security Command Centre in Burnaby? Our Operators are a link between field staff, management, on-call personnel, and subcontractors, providing a centralized point of contact for any security incident that occurs at a client facility. Do you strive to successfully prevent and eliminate criminal activity across the B.C.?
If so, this is a rare opportunity to gain experience working at one of the most sophisticated command centers in North America and be part of a high-performing team. Additionally, you will receive exposure to an enterprise security environment that's truly integrated in terms of implementing industry leading security-based technology and security systems to mitigate risk including drones and other technology.
Candidates must have great communication and exceptional customer service. Prior experience in an alarm monitoring position and the ability to comfortably use various security software, including video monitoring, access control, photo ID, and automatic call distribution systems is considered an asset.
The primary function of the role is supporting the BC Hydro Security Program by providing operational support within the command centre. You will be responsible for fulfilling duties such as:
- Respond to reported incidents through the utilization of integrated software systems
- Dispatch emergency responders and contracted companies to incidents
- Dispatch alarm response calls effectively, concisely, and within designated time frames
- Conduct surveillance, patrol, and technical analysis
- Perform access control for BC Hydro facilities
- Write and submit reports for all incidents and search recorded video archives for related video
- Troubleshoot system malfunctions and report accordingly
- Triage technology and security systems deficiencies through service request process
- Proven customer service and communication skills
- The capacity to deal effectively with high stress incidents and remain professional in all situations
- Excellent computer and typing skills (speed and accuracy)
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize demands
- Confidence in providing immediate response to incidents and relaying information to emergency services personnel
- Successfully works well alone and with a team
- Basic Security Training (BST) considered an asset
- Experience in the security industry
- Experience with a security access software (ex. Lenel, GE, DSC, Keyscan)
- Experience with integrated security (CCTV, Access, Intrusion)
- Experience with ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) systems, Telecom IP phone service and operation
- Operational knowledge and working understanding of alarm receivers and servers (ex. BOSCH, Surgard)
- Experience with photo ID software, hardware, HID card product line
- Programming and monitoring experience with integrated software (ex. Lenel, Bold, DSC, GE, Europlex, Keyscan)
-Prior experience in an alarm monitoring position Please ensure that your resume lists previous experience in detail, including the specified software above. We thank all candidates for their time, but only applications which meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
Please note due to the ongoing COVID-19 concerns , we will conducting all interviews virtually (phone call and/or video chat) until further notice.
This is a Full and Part-Time
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security