Job Skills / Requirements This role is based on overnight shift availability and compensation starts at $22 per hour ($22.50 hourly after probation is complete). Previous experience in a control / command / alarm monitoring or call centre environment is an asset, but is not required.
Do you have administrative experience and excellent situational awareness skills? Did you know that Paladin Security is seeking experienced Operators at a large Security Command Centre in Burnaby? Our Operators are a link between field staff, management, on-call personnel, and subcontractors, providing a centralized point of contact for any security incident that occurs at a client facility.
This is a rare opportunity to gain experience working at one of the most sophisticated command centers in North America and be part of a high-performing team.
Candidates must have great communication and exceptional customer service. Prior experience in an alarm monitoring position is required, and comfort using various security software, including video monitoring, access control, photo ID, and automatic call distribution systems.
- Perform access control for client facilities
- Respond to reported conditions through the alarm monitoring software and proceed accordingly
- Dispatch emergency responders and any contracted companies to security incidents.
- Update, generate and disable access cards for all client staff members and contractors.
- Write and submit reports for all incidents and search recorded video archives for related video.
- Troubleshoot system malfunctions and report accordingly.
- Dispatch and follow-up on service requests to contracted service providers.
- Dispatch alarm response calls effectively, concisely, and within designated time frames.
- Respond to special coverage request documents and ensure data accuracy.
- Professional and calm demeanor
- Strong computer skills and typing (speed and accuracy)
- Excellent phone manner, situational awareness, and multi-tasking ability.
- Experience in the security industry
- Experience with a security access software (ex. Lenel, GE, DSC, Keyscan)
- Experience with integrated security (CCTV, Access, Intrusion)
- Experience with ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) systems, Telecom IP phone service and operation
- Operational knowledge and working understanding of alarm receivers and servers (ex. BOSCH, Surgard)
- Experience with photo ID software, hardware, HID card product line
- Programming and monitoring experience with integrated software (ex. Lenel, Bold, DSC, GE, Europlex, Keyscan)
-Prior experience in an alarm monitoring position Please ensure that your resume lists previous experience in detail, including the specified software above. We thank all candidates for their time, but only applications which meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
Please note due to the ongoing COVID-19 concerns , we will conducting all interviews virtually (phone call and/or video chat) until further notice.
This is a Full and Part-Time
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security