What you'll do
What you bring
- Responsible for directing the daily activities of the warehouse and distribution centre at the Shared Services Facility in Langley by leading and managing staff (Warehouse Attendants)
- Involved in office/administrative operations, fork-lift operations, receiving, picking and packing of inventory items, cross-docking and shipping of goods for distribution throughout the Lower Mainland to ensure timely, effective and efficient movement (inbound and outbound) of medical supplies and equipment.
- Co-ordinate and oversee warehouse operational activities including monitoring operational safety and workflow and allocation of resources to maximize efficiency and effectiveness; responds to and resolves daily operational issues and ensures adherence to standards such as emergency response guidelines and procedures.
- Monitor, controls and coordinates the flow of goods, services, and information to meet customer needs
- Select, supervises and evaluates staff to ensure effective performance of duties; disciplines staff members as necessary.
- Participate in the development of warehouse and distribution performance metrics; coordinates and controls activities accordingly.
- Identify inefficiency and workflow issues that are counterproductive to operational goals, and in collaboration with Warehouse & Logistics Lead - Lower Mainland, plans and implements operational change.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of warehouse operations by monitoring Key Performance Indicators and participating in established Quality Monitoring Programs. Participates in ISO activities including ISO preparedness, implementation and compliance monitoring.
- Monitor, assesses and recommends improvements to warehouse activities with regard to industry best practices, quality assurance, continual process improvement, customer service and staff satisfaction.
- Gather and organizes information from a variety of sources; provides relevant statistical and progress reports; verifies and improves data integrity.
- Consult with Manager, Logistics Coordinators and/or Shared Service Site Customer Service Representatives and customers to identify product and equipment storage and distribution requirements; develops and implements strategies to provide reliable and consistent supply of products and equipment throughout the region.
- Assist Logistics Coordinators and/or Shared Service Site Customer Service Representatives with accessing supply information such as usage reports, operational costs, satisfaction ratings, etc.
- Ensure the execution and continuous improvement of standard warehouse and distribution operating procedures such as receiving of goods, cross docking, inventory allocation, CSA standards for warehousing of medical/ surgical goods, replenishment system, traffic management, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration and related functions.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating and capital equipment budget for the BCCSS Warehouse and Distribution Centre; monitors activities and ensures expenditures are within approved budgets; identifies efficiencies and ensures optimal use of resources, making recommendations on current and future operational/ service adjustments.
- Ensure that customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints to meet operational objectives.
What's in it for you
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field and completion of an accredited program in Warehouse Management or Logistics, five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full Time
8521 - 198A Street, Langley
090041EWhat we do
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Labor Agreement Excluded Requisition # 090041E-2334429 Work Site 8521 - 198A Street, Langley Job Type Regular, Full-Time FTE 1.00 Hours of Work Various Schedules required as needed Work Days Various Schedules required as needed Expiry Date 07-Apr-2020