150 - 8518 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, British Columbia, V5J 0B6
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?
CPAK is a division of Shoppers that prepares the medication packs that are distributed at the stores to patients. This centralized production of these packs enables the pharmacist and team at Shoppers Drug Mart locations to spend their time focusing on what is important - the patient! Working with the team, you will be responsible to ensure that the prepared CPAKs are accurate and prepared in a timely manner. We pride ourselves in having awesome team spirit!
We have a great benefits package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans and Employee share ownership plan!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada - making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
Reporting to the Pharmacy Operations Manager, the Pharmacist will support management of the overall operations of the Pharmacy, including providing communication to client pharmacies and coordinating with vendor and support teams, dispensing medication, and assisting in the maintenance of the dispensary. What you will do:
What you will need:
- Conduct product verification on all prescriptions prepared to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to delivery
- Communicate with retail stores to address program inquiries, incident reporting and investigations
- Program ScripTalk audible prescription labels
- Assist in the development, implementation and execution of new projects and/or programs
- Operate and maintain dispensing equipment used to generate and produce prescriptions for Shoppers Drug Mart retail stores
- Ensure proper storage, handling, disposal of drugs and return-to-stock procedures in according with standard operating procedures
- Maintain pharmacy stock through inventory control systems
- Lead operations and workflow in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager
- Insured and currently licensed with the College of Pharmacists of BC, in good standing
- Exceptional written communication skills and verbal skills
- Strong quality orientation, attention to detail, and the ability to learn and adhere to compliance/audit requirements
- Proficient in data entry, and the use of Windows-based programs
- Maintains high ethical standards
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a licensed, practicing pharmacist is preferred
- Flexible to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and statutory holidays
- Experience with HealthWATCH is an asset, but not required
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Management and Executive