September 2023 Duration:
8- 12 months Location
: Multiple Teck Coal Operations - Elk Valley, BC Application Deadline:
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until all positions are filled Why consider Teck Resources Ltd. for your Co-op placement?
Teck hires more than 200 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations. Teck has been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada's Top Employers program for the past six years, and was included in the Forbes World's Best Employers 2021 and 2022 list and Canada's Top Employer for Young People 2022 and 2023 . Teck is also ranked #1 in the Minerals and Mining Industry on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for 12 consecutive years, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies. Teck Coal Limited
is the world's second largest seabourne exporter of steelmaking coal. We have 4 mining operations located in the Elk Valley region in the beautiful Southeastern Rockies, BC. Our product is an essential ingredient to make steel which is used for building infrastructure as well as for clean energy projects like wind and solar power, to transportation alternatives like rapid transit and buses. Check out this link to learn more: Teck Coal Limited Innovate with Teck
Digital technologies are redefining our industry and contributing to improvements in every step of the mining process. We improve our efficiency, safety, sustainability and growth by putting smarter ideas to work and crafting advancements in our technology and our practice. At Teck, we embrace new ideas, and employ them. Teck fosters a culture where employees are encouraged to bring ideas forward and implement technologies that can help make us a better company. Professional benefits of working as a co-op with Teck Resources Ltd:
- Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. Teck is led by our values of safety, sustainability, integrity, respect, excellence, and courage
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects alongside a team of professionals who are specialists in their respective fields, you will experience a combination of projects in the field as well as in the office
- Competitive salary for our co-ops as well as assistance with travel costs and co-op fees
- Make an impression! Successful co-ops with Teck are given first consideration for professional positions upon graduation
- Working towards an Undergraduate degree in Finance or Engineering
- Motivated self-starters with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment with a willingness to work outdoors and able to operate vehicles at our operations, in various weather conditions and terrain
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a capability to communicate complex ideas to all levels and partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
The successful candidate will be a team member within the Operating Excellence group. We currently have an opportunity with our Operating Excellence department, which is described below.
Operations Excellence Coops hired by Teck Resources Ltd. - Coal Division are given the opportunity to practice their skills in all aspects of Continuous Improvement efforts across our mine sites . You will be responsible for assisting in daily operations within the team and assisting in related project work.
Specific duties include:
- Advanced working knowledge of computer software programs; particularly Microsoft Office Suite®, database management systems and graphics programs
- Solid understanding of supply chain and process mapping
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to present information, assist with focus groups and project planning, while communicating clearly to all levels of the organization
- Requires some field work including data collection and project immersion
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with challenges and delayed timelines
- Other responsibilities as required or as assigned
All students will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing prior to commencing work. Proof of a valid work permit will also be required, if applicable. Lifestyle
At Teck, we have a variety of flexible schedules that can offer you a work life balance. Teck also offers the chance to live and work in some of the world's most amazing locations where year-round local attractions and recreational choices are unlimited for the outdoor enthusiast! We have world-class mountain biking, skiing, hiking and fly fishing all at your doorstep. How To Apply
If you are interested in this exciting student work term opportunity, please include your resume and unofficial transcripts as part of your online application. Recruitment is ongoing and applications will be reviewed as they are received.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
#LI-SS1 Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Operations Manager, Sustainability, Supply Chain, Mining, Operations, Energy
Construction, Mining and Trades