At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG Vancouver Office is looking for an Operations Coordinator to join the Office Services team in Greater Vancouver Area. The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and performing a wide range of services to ensure the effective, efficient operation of office services and facilities management at a single location, without on-site supervision.
Scope and dimension:
What you will do
- Reports directly to the Manager Of Administration
- Supervisor of Office Services staff. Most work is routine and/or based on established guidelines.
- Responsible for the daily building operations of the Reception/Conference Floor and practice floors, including guidance to fellow staff to provide a positive staff and client experience.
- Performance Manager responsibilities - includes receptionist and mailroom staff
- Oversees the daily operations of the Office Services Center Staff, Conference Floor and Ignition Center
- Perform some of the work being supervised (i.e., may take part in Office Service Center, reception and conference floor activities)
- Oversee the quality and quantity of work being produced by the office services team and provide guidance as necessary
- Responsible for overseeing the conference floor centre, practice floor meeting rooms and refreshment centers
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate and cost-effective way
- Improving operational systems, processes and best practices
- Coordinate and supervise the maintenance of the facility, including staff relocations and repairs
- Responsible for making elevator bookings for evening/weekend events
- Support and establish procedures and policies to guide the work of the office services team
- Maintain accurate space assignment floor plans for the facility
- Parking (monthly parking) - working with our third-party vendor and landlord
- Business Continuity Plan backup - a system of prevention and recovery
- Health & Safety Team Lead - OFA2 certification (be willing to take the training if not already certified)
- Point of contact for the Landlord
- Security cards - building/office access
Supervisor and Performance Manager:
- Performance Manager to employees on conference floor and practice floor office services staff .
- Manage the workload and schedule of the office services and conference floor teams. This may include a rotation plan for the hostess and receptionists due to longer days with meetings starting/ending before/after business hours
- Facilitates monthly meetings with office services and conference floor staff
- Train new staff or temporary staff
This role requires you to be working on-site and at times, and as business needs arise, employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
- College diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience and experience in the Hospitality industry would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a team environment
- Experience in developing teams and individuals
- Excellent leadership and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize work and work under pressure
- Good critical thinking skills
- Discretion and the ability to handle confidential material appropriately
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Available after core hours for emergency and alarm conditions (flexible hours)
- Be available to work on special projects when needed
- Ability to resolve issues independently or suggest solutions to supervisor
In British Columbia, the expected base salary range for this position is $53,000 to $79,000 and may be eligible for bonus awards. The determination of an applicant's base salary within this range is based on the individual's location, skills, & competencies, and unique qualifications. In addition, KPMG offers a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards program.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .
Administrative Community and Social Services