Who we are
Mustang Survival is a privately owned, mid-sized company headquartered in Canada with offices in the US as well. We are a 55-year-old organization with a focus on the design and manufacture of marine life saving apparel and equipment. Our cause is the protection and safety of people in the marine environment. Whether it is a family out on the water recreationally for a weekend or the men and women who serve and protect us, we exist to ensure that they can return home safely.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Operational Excellence and Compliance Specialist to join our quality team at Mustang Survival. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in supporting document control and success in working cross-functionally to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Participate in and/or lead enterprise-wide operational improvement initiatives
- Analyze and deconstruct complex business problems into manageable process improvement projects or programs
- Collaborate with departmental stakeholders in understanding operational challenges and identifying opportunities to improve business processes to enable the organization to better achieve its goals
- Eliciting requirements and driving process change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis
- Designing and/or implementing end to end process changes (including policies, KPIs, data reporting, governance, SLAs) to ensure efficiency, and effectiveness of processes to meet business objectives, compliance with regulations, legal contracts and other requirements to minimize liability and risk
- Support day to day operation of Mustang Survival’s ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS), ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) and ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS).
- Schedule and conduct internal audits of products and processes to drive action for quality improvement.
- Administer the Business Document Library and Internal Audit program, complying with the BMS.
- Work with Sourcing, Supply Chain, Outsource Manufacturers and Material Suppliers to ensure products and materials meet regulatory and customer RSLs.
- Monitor RSLs for updates and applicability to Mustang Survival products. Common RSLs including EU Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (REACH), California Proposition 65.
- Provide customers with RSL compliance documentation.
- Establish a well-defined marketing compliance strategy to protect brand integrity and consumer confidence.
- Maintain awareness of changes in regulatory requirements and associated guidance relevant to products and markets and report to senior management for review
- Administer ITARs and Controlled Goods programs.
- Maintain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) approvals including UL, ULC, MED and CE approved products.
- Establish guidelines for new market requirements and prepare new and current Mustang Survival products to be sold into these markets.
- Deliver sustainability guidelines, metrics and targets supporting project teams to ensure business goals are achieved.
- Deliver Corporate Social Responsibility guidelines, metrics and targets and work with partners to reduce impact of the brand.
- Implement a Chemicals Management system to meet industry and regulatory Restricted Substance Lists (RSL).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Professional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Engineering, or a similar field.
- Canadian Controlled Goods and ITARs eligibility.
- Ability to read, understand and industry standards, and regulations.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, Windows and Internet is required.
- Excellent data collection and analysis skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of relevant regulatory and industry standards.
- Integrity and willingness to be the voice of quality in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform product and quality system audits.
- Willing to perform all other quality related tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to work with autotomy, finding answers/solutions with colleagues and driving actions to completion with efficiency.
- A natural aptitude for problem solving.
- Ability to prepare professional reports and presentations.
- Knowledge of Canadian Controlled Goods and ITARs regulations