Love your job and the company you work for! Be a Dolphin!
You are applying to Smart Dolphins IT Solutions for the Onsite Technician and Endpoint Delivery Role, because you are seeking an opportunity to work for one of the Great Places to Work in the world – right here in stunning Victoria, BC.
You will be a linchpin in the success for Smart Dolphins and our client’s lives.
We want to find that superhero Dolphin who dreams of making the client experience the very best it can possibly be. Your attitude, professional manner, attention to details and personal touch given to each onsite visit and endpoint installation is an opportunity to create a deep relationship that lasts longer than any technology will.
Join us and take on the mission of making the Client Desktop Experience WORLD CLASS at Smart Dolphins.
- Imaging new workstations per Smart Dolphins procedures.
- Maintaining new workstation setup procedures.
- Maintaining and updating client and Smart Dolphins base workstation images.
- Documenting hard drive destruction using Smart Dolphins provided tools.
- Logging all work into service tickets in real-time.
- Ensuring the on-time delivery of client workstation for on-site deployment.
- Maintaining knowledge on current and new technology to improve provisioning processes.
- Labeling all servers, workstations, laptops per Smart Dolphins naming convention.
- Deploying hardware such as switches, firewalls, and WAPs.
- Assisting project team with larger projects.
- Participating in regularly scheduled team huddles, and being prepared to report on your individual metrics, including reasons for deviation.
- Participating in On-Call rotation to support our clients.
- Play a critical roll on the “Support Team” in all that they do for our Clients.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong customer service skills (importance cannot be overstated).
- An ability to work in complex, uncertain, and ambiguous situations while still managing expectations and maintaining client happiness.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- A PASSION for learning and personal growth.
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
- Naturally Comfortable working with and learning about technology.
- Driver’s License is a must.
Other desirable traits or skills:
- Diagnose & Resolve hardware and software issues.
- Experience with major hardware vendors – Dell, etc.
- Experience with workstation imaging methodologies (WDS/MDT)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems – desktop and server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud technologies (Office 365).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Exchange, SQL, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of networking (DNS, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.), is desired.
- Current education/experience/certifications reflecting your competency in your chosen field.