Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
You are a whip smart, talented writer and researcher, able to dive into a complex topic, digest it, and explain it in a way your grandmother would understand.
You have a passion for learning and for educating people, and the idea of helping to teach tens of thousands of students how to become social media pros makes your heart beat faster.
Coupled with that passion is professional experience with designing, creating, and/or delivering education, preferably through an online or e-learning format.
Like us, you’re also a stickler for quality and have an intense focus on detail - you relish creating content that’s best in its class, and you are a sworn enemy of shoddy, slap-dash work.And even though you have a vice grip on quality and detail, you can still work efficiently under pressure, never missing a beat.
You’re tenacious and curious, like a good journalist. Never satisfied with the easier answer, you dig for the information you need, rather than simply taking what you’ve been given.
You have a strong understanding of social media too - maybe you’ve had experience building a large following on Twitter, or maybe you’ve managed social media for a business, or maybe you just follow social media trends keenly. Whatever the case, you know what’s happening in this space and are ready to apply these insights to the role.
You thrive in a team environment that moves quickly and communicates constantly, and can navigate pivots and counter-pivots without blinking.
You have a body of polished written work, created over several years of professional work, that you’re excited to share with us. And in addition to having several years of professional experience, you also have a university degree (e.g., in humanities or social sciences), or a communications or writing degree from a recognized college. Responsibilities... Content Creation - Writing
Knowledge of the social media landscape
- Apply dynamic writing ability to a variety of education projects
- Including technical writing, educational content, blog articles, web copy, and script writing
- Apply extensive knowledge of social media to the creation of education materials that resonate with the target audience
- Using efficient online research skills, combined with a keen eye for reputable sources, to find information that our customers will find valuable.
- Conduct interviews with Subject Matter Experts in a professional, polished, and thorough way
Creating and Delivering Online Education
- Working within a distributed organization to ensure education content meets the needs of partner teams
You’re Great At...
- Designing and creating education that will be delivered through an online medium
- Applying your extensive insights on what constitutes excellent online education into the creation of our educational materials
- Working as part of efficient, functional, happy teams - and demonstrated success as a team member
- Completeness and thoroughness - this applies both to your written work AND the work that you review and edit
- Experience designing instructional courses or certification as an Instructional Designer
- Knowledge of LMS (ex: Articulate, Litmos)
- Knowledge of the Hootsuite dashboard