On-Site Organ Donation Coordinator, Prince George BC Transplant Casual
The On-Site Organ Donation Coordinator (ODC)
reports to the Clinical Operations Manager and functions as an integral part of the Organ Donation and Hospital Development (ODHD) team. The ODC acts as an on-site support resource to the ODHD team during organ donation cases.
This position will is responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Organ Donation Specialist (ODS) and the hospital care team when a potential donor referral is made to BCT to confirm donor suitability.
- Speaking with families to ensure that the option of organ donation is offered appropriately as part of quality end of life care.
- Establishing effective working relationships within the multi-disciplinary team to facilitate the timely testing necessary to determine donor suitability and organ viability.
- Championing organ donation while onsite and collaborate with the In Hospital Coordinator (IHC) for hospital development projects as required.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a Health Sciences
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent related experience in the Health Authority critical care environment and/or organ donation experience.
You also have demonstrated:
- Skills in conflict resolution within the healthcare environment.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to remain calm, composed and focused under extremely emotional and tense situations.
- Ability to be empathic to the needs of families undergoing emotional trauma, sensitive to spiritual and cultural contexts of care, and interact effectively with individuals who are experiencing personal emotional trauma.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that include verbal and written communications.
- Computer experience is essential as a significant amount of work is completed using an electronic donor record.
Reference #s 83418
University Hospital Of Northern BC
1475 Edmonton Street Prince George, BC About Us:
The only integrated delivery system for organ transplant services in North America, BC Transplant (BCT) is a leading comprehensive health care organization responsible for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation in BC. As part of the Provincial Health Services Authority, our impact can be felt in communities across BC where our specialized health care and outreach services are touching lives every day.
BCT is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
BC Transplant is focused on increasing the availability of organs for transplantation in British Columbia.
For more information about the BC Transplant, please visit the website at: www.transplant.bc.ca
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca