On-Site Coordinator, Brand Activations
Reference ID: 2797348
Banking, Finance and Insurance
On-Site Coordinator, Brand Activations
Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2018 Canadian Gold Level Best Employer
If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
What's the job?
BCAA is seeking an On-Site Coordinator for year-round promotional activations at community, sporting and special events throughout the city.
A motivated and results-oriented leader, the On-site Coordinator, Brand Activations leads and drives the Brand Ambassador team to achieve sign up targets for new members. Passionate about creating amazing and rewarding interactions with the public while building the Evo and BCAA brand, you'll ensure the team is set up for success while on-site.
Not shy about rolling up your sleeves or juggling multiple responsibilities, you'll coordinate all the assets needed for memorable and outstanding event appearances. With a keen eye for detail and exceptional organizational skills, you will support the Events Team at BCAA's Home Office in Burnaby as required to prepare for and wrap up from promotional events.
This role requires a flexible schedule with expected days off to be Tuesday and Wednesday.
What's the status?
What are the hours?
35 hour work week
Key Responsibilities Include
What you will be doing?
Onsite Events and Promotions
•Onsite Lead for event activations, responsible for the successful implementation of onsite activities
•Provide work direction for the Brand Ambassador Team, helping the Specialist, Brand Activations with training and optimizing promotional opportunities
•Responsible for leading team to achieve sign up targets for each event
•Maintain contact with event/venue manager at each event
•Escalate any problems or Team Member absences to Specialist, Brand Activations
•Proactively troubleshoot problems as they arise, maintaining professionalism and safety at all times
•Oversee and assist in the setup at events with all required components (premiums, tents, signage, A/V systems, Evo vehicles when required), ensuring the setup is professionally presented at all times
•Ensure key messages are being relayed during event activations
•Increase Evo brand awareness and activate Evo membership through face to face interactions with the general public
•Maintain promotional signage, handouts, equipment, Evo vehicles and storage area
•Timely and accurate event reporting and submission of paperwork
•Communication of success stories, key learnings and other activities to Specialist, Brand Activations
•Tracks and restocks onsite inventory
•Ensure the safety of the BCAA team and public at all times
•Attend and participate in team meetings, as required
•Book Evo cars and/or event vehicles for all upcoming events
•Maintain the good repair and cleanliness of all promotional materials including tents, banners, iPads and other promotional items. Schedule repairs, laundering or service as necessary.
•Pack and prepare prize bins and event supplies prior to each event
•Load and unload vehicles for daily events
•Prepare and distribute event packages including maps, contacts and details for each activation
•Collect, summarize and distribute event feedback forms from Brand Ambassador Team after each event. Make recommendations for improvements.
•Performs other marketing duties relevant to promoting BCAA's brand
What you bring to the role:
• Diploma or Certificate in Events, Marketing or related field or equivalent applicable work experience
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail sales, in a lead role
• Proven ability to approach members of the public in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner
• Demonstrated communication skills and leadership skills-must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills
• Proven team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire and passion to succeed
• Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Demonstrated adaptability - must adapt to changes in work environment and manage demands • Proven ability to work well with others and accomplish team goals
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
• Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) • Ability to travel to various promotional events in the Lower Mainland or throughout the province as required
• Valid BC Driver's License with a clear driver's abstract required for travel throughout the province (annual driver's abstract required). Must be able to drive company van to and from events
• Must undergo a criminal background check
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• The ability to have a flexible schedule and work on weekends and holidays will be a requirement of this role.
• Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
Regular Full Time (RFT)
British Columbia [BC]
Salary plus Incentive Pay
Compensation & Benefits Overview
What BCAA offers you:
•It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being one of AON Top 50 Employers in Canada - 2018 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and community. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Posted: June 16, 2018
Closes: August 15, 2018