Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We're looking for a Part-Time Reporter (OMNI Mandarin)- 6 Months What you will do...
What you will bring:
- Develop a network of contacts for stories in the Chinese Community•
- Field production of segments
- Receive and generate story ideas
- Co-ordinate with camera crews for scheduling and locations
- Assist with development and production of segments
- Deliver scripted and unscripted information "live" on-air from remote locations and/or in studio environment
- Write clear, concise, accurate news copy under tight deadlines using sound news judgment
- Search the wires, monitor feeds, write scripts, voice-over visuals, edit and archive stories
- Assist in writing news items and in program preparation (selecting videotape, preparing information for show rundowns, etc)
- Other Duties as assigned
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Experience in broadcast journalism or related experience
- Experience in television hosting/anchoring or reporting
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking in Mandarin
- An excellent ability to work in Mandarin including typing skills using common input software
- The ability to be physically involved in the story as required
- Excellent knowledge of world geography, cultures and politics
- Must be able to multi task and work with multiple tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work within a changing environment
- Availability to work shifts and weekends
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Part time Shift:
Variable Length of Contract:
6 Months Work Location:
180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & News Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Media Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Part Time, Technology, Bilingual
Find similar jobs: