Office Manager, Vancouver, BC
A growing and dynamic business is looking for a mature and highly competent individual, who is proficient in English to become our new senior administrator and process organizer. Our office manager of over 20 years has retired and we are looking for her replacement.
We are a real estate and financial group of companies founded in 1965 with interests in private lending, mortgage investment, land development, and property management. We are seeking a highly qualified mature professional who can run the administrative aspects of our real estate and investment businesses. This position takes in all aspects of standard office management and then some. Your area of coverage and influence will also extend to the administrative tasks involved in marketing, client care and outsourced IT services.
Some knowledge of the real estate, mortgage and/or securities business, would be a great asset, but are not required. A willingness to learn and a great attitude are essential to your success.
This is a full-time, long-term permanent position with a salary commensurate with experience. We are looking for a top flight fully-trained office administrator used to dealing with paper flow and all aspects of a modern office with a staff of 14, along with many consultants and sales associates. Training will be provided by a variety of specialists in the office as well as through continuing education courses.
· 2-3 other admin staff, managing the trust administrator who does the onboarding of investors into our mortgage mutual fund
· Specific training will be provided in the following areas:
Overseeing all aspects of investment workflow and document completion
· Overseeing the reporting to regulatory commissions (i.e. – Securities Commissions, Financial Services, etc.) as required
· Overseeing the filing of all mortgage documentation
· Assisting with workflow of mortgage placement department
· Reporting to and working directly with the Chairman: Note some EA duties will be involved in this aspaect of the position
· Drafting and proofing correspondence
· Maintaining files and records, streamlining filing and documentation process
· Improving administrative processes and systems to make the functioning of the office more efficient
· Overseeing by others of performance metrics, creation of quarterly reports and spreadsheets as directed
· Conducting industry research
· Managing a database and email template creation to go to participants in the database, Knowledge of CRM programs would be a great asset (but is not a requirement). Please state if you have CRM familiarity.
· Assisting with marketing from an administrative and software perspective
· Overseeing outsourced IT contractor to ensure our data/internet/file server needs are being met
Secondary Activities (which you may oversee and/or assist with):
· Manage periodic Gift Sourcing, Distributions and ad hoc projects
· Assist executives by booking travel, compiling expense reports
· Schedule and connect conference/Zoom calls
· Cover phones and other office functions when reception not available
· You will be asked to perform part of these functions as you work through the training period.
Successful Applicants Will Have:
· Minimum of 15 years administrative experience in a corporate environment
· Excellent spoken and written English
· Excellent communication skills
· Proficiency with MS Office Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. CRM, knowledge of CMS an asset, but not required
· Ability to thrive under pressure, while prioritizing and managing diverse projects
· High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Bonus (nice to have):
· Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Standard, CRM ACT, Maximizer, Razors Edge, Sales Force, and Wrike Project Management
· Experience in investment/financial services industry
· Experience or knowledge of Subscription Agreements and Investment account documentation
· Completed Post-Secondary education
Job Duration, Info About Office and Salary:
We are looking for a person who will eventually join the management team and build a healthy long lasting relationship. We are therefore offering a full-time, permanent, and long-term position. The position is available immediately. Hours: 8:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday to Friday. Salary: competitive and commensurate with senior caliber experience, as well as an annual Employer-contributed Health Trust that is flexible to your extended health needs. The ability to perform will be rewarded with a rising pay scale.
Job Location: Downtown Vancouver. We are located in the office district in Coal Harbour but will be moving offices a few blocks away to Gastown in mid July/21 and you will be expected to coordinate the move.
Continuing Education: The company pays for education directly related to the position. There are two specific courses you will be encouraged to take (these are not mandatory): Exempt Market Proficiency Course and the Officers, Partners & Directors Course. Both courses are offered through the IFSE institute. We believe these courses will help put you in a position to provide effective oversight of our Exempt Market Dealership administrative operations.
Instructions To Apply:
Please follow application instructions carefully:
Write us back from your email address, such as Shaw, Gmail, Hotmail. Do not write us via Indeed or Craigs List etc.
Embed your resume and cover letter in the body of an email, not as an attachment. We would prefer to review your resume in a writable form such that we can copy pieces of it and discuss these with you when we write back.
Please reply with a subject line structured as follows: the position you are applying for (senior administrator, accountant, etc.), your name, phone number, your direct email address, your most advanced level of education which relates to the position you are apply for, where you live now
In your response please state your salary expectations.
For example: Office Manager, Jane Smith, 778-892-4341, janesmith at gmail.com. BCIT 2 Year Accounting Degree: Burnaby
In your cover letter state some examples of how you have showed attention to detail and accuracy in your past work. Provide an example of how you showed initiative or may have improved a process in your past work settings. Please follow application instructions carefully.
All candidates who apply according to the application instructions will be replied to personally from senior level personnel from the company. Three recent references will be required from the successful candidate as well as software proficiency tests.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 plus. Per annum year
Please write us back at the email: email@example.com
#39 - Brain Station - Take Risks, Learn More & Stress Less