OFF AS 09R - Office Assistant - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Position Classification
CLBC Office Assistant R9 Union
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$45,647.93 - $51,427.75 annually Close Date
3/24/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Administration Job Summary
Amendment March 1st, 2023: Posting closing date extended to March 24th, 2023.
Amendment March 2nd, 2023:Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).Bring your strong administrative experience and superior organizational skills to our team!
Working in the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD), the Office Assistant reports to the Office Manager. The position provides some general program support as a minor part of the job and the primary purpose is administrative and clerical support responsibilities. The Office Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties according to established procedures.
In this position, you willprovide general administrative, clerical, and program support to the work unit.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Secondary school graduation (Grade 12 Diploma) or equivalent (such as GED).
- Minimum of six months administrative/clerical experience working in an office setting.
- Demonstrated experience typing, formatting, and editing a variety of documents and materials using standard computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Administrative experience working with vulnerable children and families in a human/social services setting.
- Experience using MCFD applications (such as Integrated Case Management).
Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
For questions regarding this position, please contact email@example.com About this Position:
Currently there is one (1) temporary opportunity until March 1st, 2024 this temporary opportunity may extend or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future permanent and temporary vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.How to Apply:Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians