The Therapist provides Early Intervention Pediatric Therapy services, working with general supervision under the administrative direction of the Manager for Rehab Services, as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team delivering Family focused care to children 0 - 6 years old in their natural environment. The position requires frequent travel to a variety of settings and locations in Prince Rupert, Coastal Communities and Haida Gwaii. The position requires flexibility in meeting the needs of children and their families. Qualifications
- Licensed to practice by the College of Occupational Therapists of BC.
- Masters preferred.
- Preferred 2 years pediatric experience, however, opportunity for mentorship is available.
- Valid BC Driver's License required.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with children, families and caregivers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to work independently and participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Physically able to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to be flexible in planning and modifying work day.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Prince Rupert Community