Occupational Therapist, Broadmead Care Position Classification
ABC Access Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$35.08-$40.09 hourly Close Date
9/25/2020 Job Type
Temporary (Auxiliary) Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Other Public Sector Ministry Branch / Division
Nigel House, Broadmead Care Job Summary ***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the directions below.*** Occupational TherapistHourly Wage:
$35.08-$40.09 (with a scheduled wage increase in October 2020 to 35.79-40.89)Location:
Nigel HousePosition # / Schedule:
103276; Tuesday, Thursday, Friday; 9:00am-4:30pm (.60 FTE)Competition #:
Temporary Term (until the incumbent returns)SUMMARY
The Occupational Therapist plans, develops, implements and evaluates occupational therapy programs and services; establishes and evaluates occupational therapy practice standards; communicates, in written and oral format, resident and program needs to the multidisciplinary team and community agencies; carries out administrative duties associated with the provision of the occupational therapy program; and oversees the implementation of components the occupational therapy care plans by resident care staff. Participation in interdisciplinary team rounds and care conferences may also be required.QUALIFICATIONSEducation:
Graduation from a university with an approved program in occupational therapy; Current registration in good standing, or eligible for registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia.Experience:
Skills / Abilities:
- Experience working with people with dementia is preferred.
- Experience providing occupational therapy services in a long term care setting with elderly individuals who have chronic physical and psychosocial disabilities is preferred.
- Experience with seating and mobility assessments and equipment prescriptions is preferred.
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team.
***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the directions below.*** Job Category
- Knowledge or aptitude for learning about a wide variety of walkers, power and manual wheelchairs and other therapeutic equipment, their maintenance and adaptation.
- Competency in organization of workplace; operation of equipment and prioritization and management of duties.
- Effective verbal communication skills with clients of varying levels of cognition, families, and staff.
- Effective written communication skills via email and online documentation in clinical records.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all written and verbal communication related to the client and families.
- Cooperative and effective manner in problem solving with staff, residents, family members, volunteers and paid companions.
- Capable of working efficiently, both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team whose team members have diverse backgrounds.
- Sound interpersonal and instructional skills.
- Ability to supervise staff, students and volunteers where appropriate.
- Knowledge of software applications, particularly word processing, excel and e-mail.