Occupational Therapist, Broadmead Care Position Classification
ABC Access Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$35.79 - $40.89 hourly Close Date
5/24/2021 Job Type
Temporary Assignment (TA) Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Other Public Sector Ministry Branch / Division
Broadmead Care Job Summary ***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the directions below.*** Occupational TherapistHourly Wage:
Veterans Memorial LodgePosition # / Schedule
: 69643 / 21 hours per week / days to be determined (.60 FTE)Competition #:
Temporary Term (18 month maternity leave)
** Interview to commence immediately upon application **SUMMARY
Under the clinical direction of the Director, the Occupational Therapist (OT) provides occupational therapy services to Veterans Memorial Lodge.
The Occupational Therapist plans, develops, implements and evaluates occupational therapy programs and services; establishes and evaluates occupational therapy practice standards; communicates, in written and oral format, resident and program needs to the multidisciplinary team and community agencies; carries out administrative duties associated with the provision of the occupational therapy program; and oversees the implementation of components the occupational therapy care plans by resident care staff. Participation in interdisciplinary team rounds and care conferences may also be required.QUALIFICATIONS Education:
Graduation from a university with an approved program in occupational therapy; Current registration in good standing, or eligible for registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia.Experience:
Skills / Abilities:
- Experience working with people with dementia is preferred.
- Experience providing occupational therapy services in a long term care setting with elderly individuals who have chronic physical and psychosocial disabilities is preferred.
- Experience with seating and mobility assessments and equipment prescriptions is preferred.
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team.
***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the directions below.*** Job Category
- Knowledge or aptitude for learning about a wide variety of walkers, power and manual wheelchairs and other therapeutic equipment, their maintenance and adaptation.
- Competency in organization of workplace; operation of equipment and prioritization and management of duties.
- Effective verbal communication skills with clients of varying levels of cognition, families, and staff.
- Effective written communication skills via email and online documentation in clinical records.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all written and verbal communication related to the client and families.
- Cooperative and effective manner in problem solving with staff, residents, family members, volunteers and paid companions.
- Capable of working efficiently, both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team whose team members have diverse backgrounds.
- Sound interpersonal and instructional skills.
- Ability to supervise staff, students and volunteers where appropriate.
- Knowledge of software applications, particularly word processing, excel and e-mail.